Make your own glaze
When it’s time for a change!
Video below..sorry about the audio lost some of it 🙁
We have been praying for the opportunity to buy a farm, while the plan is just a dream, getting our home ready to list is something we can at least start on now. My house is a hodgepodge of mismatched furniture that doesn’t match what a well-staged home for sale should look like.
We all know that selling your home is hard work. You need it to be perfect and speak to the masses, not your own personal style. So, a Blue metallic buffet that has relocated from the dining room to my “Guest” Room needed a new look. This 70’s ranch is going to get a slight modern farmhouse makeover. Just enough that it can be easily changed for the right buyer if needed.
Next up on this adventure is an old buffet I got about 7 years ago for $65.00. It has had a few different looks over the years because it moves from room to room. Also, I’m a girl and allowed to change my mind ? whenever I want.
Farmhouse style buffet makeover.
- Prepped for paint. Learn more here in Furniture Painting 101
- Painted with 2 coats of Licorice
- Applied 1 coat of Matte VAX with a Shabby Applicator Sponge (this makes glazing super easy)
- Mixed 1 part Garfield Grey and 1 part Matte VAX (mix any paint color with VAX to create a glaze)
- Glazed using a damp washrag (see included video)
- Painted the inside with Bold Berry, because I need a splash of color.
That’s it, she is beautiful and if we have to move her to another room, this look will work anywhere.
#dreambig #modernfarmhouse #boldchalkpaint #farmhousecolors #farmhouselove #cottagestyle #cottagechic #chalkpaint #chalkpainted #chalkpainteddoors #exteriorchalkpaint #coastalcolors #shabbypaints #furnitureartistry #interiordesign #homedecor #furnitureartist #upcycledfurniture #furnituremakeover #madeinnashville #Licorice #boldberry #shabbypaints #garfieldgrey #chalkpaintedshiplap #buffetmakeover #paintedbuffet