Full Armor Finishes
Matte & Satin
In addition to our superior pure Acrylic paints, we developed a unique line of Top Coats, sure to have you putting a lid on that toxic can of wax. Never wax or buff again with our exclusive, easy-to-use, outdoor rated, Satin and Matte Armor, developed exclusively by Shabby Paints. Sheer Armor is our revolutionary protective finishing product. We combined the matte-like look and feel of wax with the durability of varnish, without fumes or dangerous chemicals! Sheer Armor is applied in seconds, dries in minutes, does not require buffing, and unlike wax, it never needs to be reapplied. Yes, it is that easy! Offering real durability that holds up to real life. Say goodbye to temporary wax finishes that can only survive if you don’t touch or use them. Say hello to fabulous durable, cleanable, finishes that last, finally! Plus, with zero VOC’s, you can paint inside the house, those days of shivering in the garage, or on the back porch are over.
Don’t worry, we did not forget about that oh so shabby patina you crave! For adding depth, dimension, and character we created our tinted line of topcoats! Our Tinted Armor line-up leaves you with endless options for creating breathtaking finishes, with all the same protective features of Sheer Armor. These versatile tinted topcoats double as a glaze, and a stain. When used as a stain for wood you can enjoy no smelly fumes, long waits, or complicated steps, the topcoat is built right in! Tinted Armor comes in Black, Hazelnut, Betty White, and Driftwood.
How to stain raw wood with Tinted Armor
How to glaze with Tinted Armor
What makes Shabby Paints special?
As you might expect, our products offer the same advantages as some of the more expensive boutique brands: low prep, no priming, coverage in 1-2 coats, and incredible adhesion to any surface. We didn’t stop there we used the latest technology to create a safe, zero VOC paint with even better coverage, more durability, superior adhesion, at the best possible price. No more frustrating applications, and annoying limitations, your welcome! Finally, a beautiful chalk finish without all the baggage!
Being Green has never been so beautiful.
Value & Affordability
We are just going to be honest here, it makes us really sad to see rescuing furniture as only a hobby for the elite. It is important to us to make the highest quality products that are affordable and available to everyone! This is the true spirit of shabby.
Why you’ll love Shabby Paints
- Our products are non-toxic, and VOC-Free, making them 100% safe.
- Unlike waxed pieces, If you change your mind you do not have to strip or sand, just re-paint.
- Easy enough for beginners, no intimidating and complicated steps.
- Paint wood, metal, paper clay, fabric, concrete, laminate, tile, terracotta, glass, plastic, ceramic, metal, tin and so much more
- No long waits between coats, dries in minutes.
- Paint inside the house without fumes. Paint between phone calls, loads of laundry, and while the little one’s nap.
- Kids can safely help too.
- True durability that lasts, inside or out! No more soft and tacky finishes that are hard to clean and easily ruined.
- No more limitations, our products are safe for bathrooms, kitchens, and the great outdoors.
- Our products are made and sourced exclusively in the U.S.
- We never participate in animal testing and our products contain no animal by-products (Vegan friendly)
- 45 Sassy & Classy Colors.
Sound too good to be true? Put Shabby Paints to the test, and prepare to be delighted! Visit your nearest stylist to learn more.
Stir or shake well. Surface must be clean and dry. Dispense a small amount into a clean dish and use a damp roller, soft brush, or an Armor Applicator Sponge to apply. Stain: Surface must be clean, dry, and free from existing finishes. Following the grain, in thin layers with long strokes will yield the best results. Glaze: Seal first with one of our Sheer Armors and allow to dry. Apply Tinted Armor and wipe away with a damp lint-free rag. Protection: Apply over entire surface for durable tinted protection. Aging: Lightly apply to areas you wish to age. Allow to dry 15-30 minutes between coats. Apply additional coats for durability. No more than 2 coats in a 24-hour period. Allow Armor to fully cure before placing heavy objects. 3-7 days depending on humidity and application thickness. Thinner coats are better.
Use and store at temperatures between 60 to 85 degrees only.
- Cleans up with soap and water.
- Comes in 8oz., and 16oz. Squeeze bottle for easy use and control.
- Works well with all Shabby Paints Products.
- No Animal Byproducts, no bees Wax, 100% Vegan.
- Non-Polluting & Environmentally Sound
*Shabby Paints is perfect for those with chemical sensitivities or milk allergies. Contains no Caseins.
Buy Sheer Armor & Tinted Armor Now!